Belfast Blitz 1941 Plaques
Belfast City Council have erected Plaques at various locations around the city which refer to the "Belfast Blitz".
This was when Belfast was bombed by the German Luftwaffe in 1941.
FOR LOTS OF INFORMATION AND PHOTOGRAPHS REGARDING THE BELFAST BLITZ PLEASE CLICK ON "BELFAST BLITZ THEN AND NOW" ABOVE.
This plaque is shown at the site and the photograph on the right shows the Peters Hill Public Baths as they looked (Many thanks to the Old Belfast Facebook site)
St Patricks Church, Donegal Street
Please note that this Plaque is displayed in the Foyer of the Building so access is required to see it.
Burke Street and Annadale Street off Antrim Road
Victoria Barracks off Antrim Road
Victoria Barracks was a large Military Barracks which stood on this spot. The row of houses which is called Victoria Barracks can be found at Carlisle Parade off Antrim Road.
York Street Mill, Vere Street and Sussex Street off York Street
Trinity Street Church, Off Clifton Street.
Ballynure Street off Oldpark Road
This plaque has been included within a miral about the Belfast Blitz.
Ohio Street / Heather Street Plaque at Heather Street off Woodvale Road
Percy Street off Shankill Road
The Blythe Street plaque is on the Church in which people sheltered.
This plaque is on Falls Road Leisure Centre which was the site of Falls Road Baths. This was used as a temporary Mortuary. (This plaque is in Irish)
Ravenscroft Avenue off Newtownards Road
St Georges Market - Temporary Mortuary